If you want sustainable, long-term success in all aspects of your life than you want to focus on self-discipline!
SELF DISCIPLINE is the #1 trait needed to accomplish goals, lead a healthy lifestyle and ultimately, be happy.🙃🙂😄
People who have higher self-control are happier than those without. People with self-disciplined do not allow their choices to be dictated by impulses or feelings but rather make informed decisions on a daily basis without feeling overly stressed or upset.
Self-discipline is a LEARNED behavior. It requires you to practice a lot of repetition in your daily life.
Test out these 5 methods for gaining better control!
1. REMOVE TEMPTATIONS: Removing all temptations and distractions from your environment is a crucial first step when working to improve your self-discipline. (This is not as easy as we all would like. Do not bring unhealthy foods home)
2. EAT REGULARLY AND HEALTHILY: Low blood sugar often affects a persons ability to make good decisions. Hunger makes it difficult to focus and not to mention makes you grumpy and pessimistic. You are more likely to have a weakened self-control in all areas of your life. (Keep healthy snacks with you if not at home)
3. DONT WAIT FOR IT TO “FEEL RIGHT: Improving your self-discipline means changing your normal routine which can be uncomfortable and awkward at first. When a behavior becomes a habit, we stop making decisions and go into auto pilot. (You can think of this as a healthy habit. On average, it takes more than 2 months before a new behavior becomes automatic — 66 days to be exact. And how long it takes a new habit to form can vary widely depending on the behavior, the person, and the circumstances. In Lally's study, it took anywhere from 18 days to 254 days for people to form a new habit.)
4. SCHEDULE IN BREAKS AND REWARDS FOR YOURSELF: Applying self-discipline doesn’t mean your new regimen needs to be strict all the time. In fact, designating specific breaks for yourself helps you stay on track. Self-discipline can be hard. Reward your efforts. (set goals and a little gift when you reach them)🎁✨
5. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND MOVE ON: Introducing a new way of living does not always go according to plan. You will have ups and downs with great successes and failures. The key is to keep moving forward. When you have a setback, acknowledge what caused it and move forward. Instead of getting wrapped up and guilt anger and frustration. See this as a hiccup in your plan and use it as a learning experience for the future. 🙂✨
Rachel is wearing, our Gottasoul's, Paradise Floral Celebration leggings. They come in s-1xL. Click Here
Rachel is wearing, our Gottasoul's, Mahalo Rosso Sports Bra, Click Here
Rachel is wearing, our Gottasoul's, Mahalo Rosso Hibiscus Leggings, Click Here
Rachel Schwartz is a Certified Nutritional Consultant specializing in vegan and vegetarians diets. Rachel helps women get rid of unwanted body fat with less struggle. Navigating you through a confusing world of dieting while attracting a more positive lifestyle that energizes you!