Who doesn't love warm cookies straight from the oven? This is what my childhood smelled like. As an adult, that smell still brings a smile to my face faster than anything.
These cookies taste amazing warm, soft and chewy. The best news is these cookies are wonderful cold too.
We use plant-based ingredients and organic when we can. You can eat healthier cookies and love them too.
Vegan Walnut Choco Chip Cookies
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coarse or flaked salt (sea, kosher etc)
- 1 cup vegan butter, cut into cubes + cold (put it into the freezer a little while)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 6 tbsp dairy free yogurt: Plain (Kite Hill, Forager, So Delicious or Silk are the best in my opinion)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups Vegan: dark chocolate chips or chunks (Nestle Tollhouse Simply Delicious) There are so many brands pick your favorite.
- 1¼ cup crushed walnuts (Why get whole walnuts when you are going to crush them)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream Vegan butter until they come together, about 1 minute.
- Add both sugars and beat for an additional 1½ minutes, or until well combined.
- Beat in the dairy-free yogurt and vanilla extract until mixed.
- Add flour mixture, 1 cup at a time, and beat. Do not overbeat.
- Using a spatula or a paddle mixer, fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Divide the dough into 12 even pieces, shaping them into rough balls. They do not need to be perfectly round, so, DO NOT ROLL THEM. I use a scale for this, but you can eyeball it. (remember it's easy, so do your best :) )
- Place all the dough balls on the prepared baking sheet and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, or up 8 hours.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes, until light golden brown. You do not want to overbake these so take them out earlier than you would normal cookies. They will continue to cook as they cool. Remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack. (Unless you can't wait. Watch out they're hot)
Rachel is wearing: Plum Hibiscus Mesh Racerback Bra Click here
Rachel is wearing: Your best black Leggings Click Here
Rachel Schwartz is a Certified Nutritional Consultant specializing in vegan and vegetarians diets. Rachel helps women get rid of unwanted body fat with less struggle. Navigating you through a confusing world of dieting while attracting a more positive lifestyle that energizes you!