Here is a question I think I know the answer to. Who doesn't carve Chocolate? For that matter, who doesn't crave Peppermint with chocolate? I know I do, We have your cravings covered. It this what you want? I want something creamy, smooth, cool mint, and healthy. There are a few recipes out there that are good but aren't that satisfying.
Now the hard part, How do we make this fantasy a reality? I have great news.
We have a non-bake quick, easy, and very satisfying recipe that you can whip up in no time.
What you need to get things rolling.
Wax paper or foil (to line an 8-inch x 8-inch pyrex pan or cookie sheet)
A food processor
1 tablespoon to use
1 small ziplock bag
1 cup dates (pitted)
1 cup almonds (it can be pieces)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon Peppermint extract
1/4 cup agave
1-2 candy cane (it can be broken)
Let the fun begin:
1. Place the dates, nuts, cocoa powder, and peppermint extract into a food processor, Process on low with a little pulsing until the crumbs form.
2. Now add the 1/4 cup of agave pulsing until you reach a dough like consistency.
3. Remove the mixture from the processor and form with a tablespoon (the right size). We are creating the perfect bite-size by rolling in your palms. (keeping it healthy is also portion control)
4. Place our bite-size fudge balls onto the wax paper.
5. Place the candy cane into the ziplock bag and crush it. Now roll Fudge bits into the crushed candy cane (place in the ziplock bag, cover with a kitchen towel and use a ladle or rolling pin and hit it a few times until the pieces are the size you want). (This step is optional)
6. Now enjoy. Yummmmmmm
Rachel Schwartz is a Certified Nutritional Consultant specializing in vegan and vegetarians diets. Rachel helps women get rid of unwanted body fat with less struggle. Navigating you through a confusing world of dieting while attracting a more positive lifestyle that energizes you!